Here is a great dessert from Allrecipes.com that has been allergy “freed” (no
eggs, walnut) to make a yummy allergy friendly creation. If needed, the
milk and cream cheese can be replaced with non-dairy substitutions.
Mom’s Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Prep:15 minsCook:40 minsTotal:55 minsServings:16Yield:1 9×13-inch baking panNutrition Info
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2 Mix flour, butter, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with half the crust mixture.
- Step 3 Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes. Remove crust and leave oven on.
- Step 4 Mix cream cheese and white sugar together in another bowl using an electric mixer until blended. Add apple sauce, milk, and vanilla extract; mix until blended. Pour on top of the baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture.
- Step 5 Bake in t he hot oven until set, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 331** calories; protein 5.9g; carbohydrates 26.3g; fat 23.2g; cholesterol 74.7mg; sodium 149.9mg. Full Nutrition **Fewer calories with no walnuts and eggs.