Macarons are a popular dessert these days and can be found at most
bakeries and even grocery stores! They are colorful, light and taste great
too! A Vegan version is a real treat and many thanks to The Home Baked
Vegan for delivering it!!
Vegan Nut Free Macarons
Prep time: 20 MinCook time: 20 MinInactive time: 20 MinTotal time: 1 HourTry this recipe for Nut-free Vegan Macarons made without egg-whites or almond flour. You would never guess that these Macarons were made with chickpeas!
- Macaron Shells:
- 3/4 Cup Aquafaba
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour, finely ground
- 3/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- 3 drops Food Coloring Gel – (optional)
- Buttercream-style Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Flavoring Extract (flavor of your choice)
- Gel Coloring (optional)
- Prepare the Macaron Shells:
- Preheat the oven to 235′
- Sift together the chickpea flour & icing sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the aquafaba on high.
- Add the cream of tartar when the aquafaba starts to get frothy.
- Once the aquafaba reaches soft peaks, add the vanilla extract.
- When the meringue reaches stiff peaks, continue whisking on high, and slowly add the sugar, one teaspoon at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form and all the sugar is incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, and sift the chickpea flour/icing sugar onto the meringue.
- *Optional: add the food coloring gel to the batter now.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until combined and the batter resembles the consistency of pancake batter (the batter should flow off the spatula in a consistency that looks like ribbons when it’s lifted away from the bowl).
- Using a piping bag, pipe the batter into 1″ – 1 1/2” circles, equally spaced out on a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Let the baking sheet sit at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes before baking, and pop any air bubbles with a toothpick.
- Bake at 235’ for 30 minutes. Once the macarons are done baking, turn off the oven and leave the macaron shells in the oven with the oven door closed for 20 minutes.
- Remove the shells from the oven after 20 minutes, and let cool at room temperature.
- While the cookies cool, prepare the buttercream icing:
- With a hand mixer, whip together the Vegan Butter, Icing Sugar, Flavor Extract, and Gel Coloring.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the frosting onto half of the cookies, then sandwich them together with the remaining cookies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Sat. Fat (grams)
This nutritional information is just an estimate, and may vary with ingredients.https://www.homebakedvegan.com/2020/02/nut-free-vegan-macarons.htmlCopyright Ⓒ 2020 Alexandra Tugade ‘The Home Baked Vegan’ All Rights Reserved.
Leave A Comment