Couldn’t resist checking out this vegan brownie recipe. It did not disappoint
and is also allergy friendly! Thanks to Food Free from ALL Top 8 Allergens
& MORE for sharing this great recipe.
Nicole Brown · · Top 8 Free—Blondie Brownies I could eat the whole batch in one sitting!
These blondie brownies are everything I desire when craving a blond brownie: vanilla, rich, fluffy, fudgy, and thick. Super easy to make & tastes great with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream! Serves about 18-24 large brownies (depending on the size dish you bake them in). Prep is 7-10 mins. Bake for 45 mins. Cool for 10-15 mins.
- 1/3 cup any non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter, OR homemade vegan butter (recipe is top 8 and legume and seed free)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, OR potato water (*see notes)
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder, OR if corn free use this one
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8-10 oz vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together all the ingredients till very thick and smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into a lightly oiled 9×13 dish, or a 9 inch circle dish if you want the brownies to be extra thick (plan on adding 5 mins to the time you bake).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or till toothpick comes out clean, and center looks firm, not gooey. Let cool for 10-15 mins before cutting into pieces.
*Instead of using eggs like most baked good recipes, I like to use potato water. (You can also use applesauce or avocado if nightshades are an issue, but potato is the most neutral flavor. To achieve this potato water, I mash up one small boiled potato with 1 cup water until you get a mushy runny paste (kinda like applesauce). I then use 2/3 cup of this mixture in the recipe. See picture below for the right consistency: