This salad looks delicious and is truly allergy friendly!! Thanks to Megan
Lavin (Allergy Mom Lifesaving Recipes)
ACREATE PINTEREST PIN
GLUTEN & DAIRY-FREE ASIAN PASTA & SPINACH SALAD
yield: 5 SERVINGS prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time: 10 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
The best of both worlds–a spinach salad and a pasta salad, all drenched in an easy, Asian dressing. Sunflower seeds give a fabulous crunch, instead of nuts, as well as water chestnuts. A cool summer must-have, this Gluten & Dairy-free Asian Pasta & Spinach Salad is also free of: wheat, eggs, soy, peanuts and tree nuts, making this top-8-free and a very allergy-friendly recipe!No RatingsPRINT
- 5 oz spinach, roughly chopped or town (half of a 10 oz bag–save the rest for smoothies!)
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 2 small cans of sliced water chestnuts
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (This is also great for leftover rotisserie!)
- 1/3 cup oil (I use canola)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon jarred minced garlic
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. sesame seed oil
- In a large mixing bowl place the torn spinach, cooked and cooled pasta, sunflower seeds, drained water chestnuts and shredded chicken.
- In a jar with a fitted lid (I use a mason jar) pour all of the ingredients for the dressing: cooking oil, sugar, salt, gluten-free soy sauce, garlic, rice vinegar and sesame seed oil. Place the lid on and shake vigorously. Immediately pour over the salad.
- Toss well to coat. Serve immediately, or place in the fridge for several hours to chill before serving. Toss again before serving.