Thanks to Oats Everyday for the great idea and recipe for healthy donuts
made from rolled oats! The recipe has been ‘allergy friendlied’ and is ready
to get baked and enjoyed by all!!
Not only are they a healthier alternative to fried, oat flour in the batter gives these scrumptious baked doughnuts a moist, tender crumb. Course Desserts and Baked Delights Oat Type Rolled Oats Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 25 minutes Servings 6 doughnuts
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (185 ml)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup yogurt plain (60 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5ml)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (1 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (125ml)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly oil.
- In a food-processor or blender, grind rolled oats into a fine powder (oat flour).
- In a bowl or deep bowl mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
- Add the egg whites and whole egg to the mashed banana, whisking until well blended.
- Add sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Stir in oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix one last time.
- Spoon or pipe filling into prepared doughnut pan.
- Bake doughnuts for approx. 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing doughnuts from pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring at the halfway point. Stir in coconut oil.
- Dip tops of doughnuts into melted chocolate, or spoon over. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place doughnuts in refrigerator for several minutes to allow the glaze to harden.
Leave A Comment