Here is a recipe for Vegetable & Avocado Muffins (Free From Yummies)
free from: dairy, soy, egg, gluten and nut!!
*** Dairy free, soya free, egg free, gluten free, nut free ***
Healthy snack or lunch option
1 ripe avocado
1 carrot – grated
½ courgette – grated
160ml/¾ cup milk (I used rice milk)
80ml/¼ cup flavourless oil (sunflower oil, rapeseed, vegetable oil)
125ml golden syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
225g/1 cup plain gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp xanthan gum (not required if using wheat flour)
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the avocado, carrot and courgette into a blender and puree.
- Add the milk, syrup and oil. This is your wet ingredients.
- In another bowl mix all the other ingredients together. Dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient and fully combine.
- Put in muffins cases and bake for 20 minutes
These freeze well so handy for snacks and lunchboxes
- Add 50g raisins
- Add 50g oat flakes or Buckwheat flakes or quinoa flakes or millet flakes
- Replace 30g of the flour with cocoa powder.
- Add a handful of spinach to blender
- Use a banana instead of the avocado
- If not gluten free then use wholemeal instead.
- Add 30g flaxseed