Sugar Spice provided this delicious looking donut recipe! See the recipe
Eggless, No Yeast Donuts!
- ½ cup – Milk
- 1 tsp – White Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup – All purpose flour + some for dusting the counter
- ¼ cup – Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp – Baking powder
- ¼ tsp – Baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup – Melted butter (we used vegan butter)
- 1 tbsp – Yogurt
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl mix in milk and vinegar and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes
- In a separate large bowl, mix in all the dry ingredients
- To this, add the milk + vinegar mixture, butter and yogurt
- Mix everything till the dough gets the consistency shown in the video below.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes
- Dust a clean counter/table with flour
- Divide the dough in half and roll the dough to 1/2 inch thickness
- Use two different sized lids for cutting the outer and inner circle of the dough. Using a cookie cutter/ donut-cutter would be the best
- Heat oil in a pot up to 185 C. Keep caution when handling hot oil.
- Fry the dough until the donuts are golden brown and flip once in between. Ideally the frying would take around 2 to 3 minutes for each donut
- Keep them on a wire rack to cool to room temperature before adding glaze
- Glaze the donuts with melted white, dark or milk chocolate and throw on some toppings as well
If you try out our recipe, let us know how it turns out! You can tag us @sugarspice.2020 on Instagram.