Well, it’s a first in the world of cookies and these are allergy friendly, vegan,
helathy & tasty too!! Thanks to Justine Snacks for this amazing treat! If
needed, white chocolate chips can be replaced with raisins or seeds. Can’t
wait to make blue cookies – fun for the kids too!
Blue(berry) Cookies | Vegan & Naturally Blue!
I can confidently say these will be the best (and maybe only?) blueberry cookies you’ve ever had! They are soft in the middle, crispy on the edges, and are filled with melt-in-you-mouth goodness. This recipe uses frozen blueberries to make the cookies naturally blue, but that’s not all they do! They help make this cookie recipe vegan, sweet and filled with blueberry flavor. A total winner in my books!4.8 from 15 votes PRINT RECIPE Pin RecipePREP TIME6 minsCOOK TIME15 minsCHILLING TIME30 minsCOURSEDessert, SnackCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS12 cookies
- 135 grams all-purpose flour about 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 76 grams unsalted vegan butter, softened about 1/3 cup. I like Country Crock plant-based olive oil butter
- 90 grams granulated sugar about 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp
- 80 grams frozen blueberries about 1/3 cup
- 70 grams white chocolate chips, chopped about 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Either in the microwave or on the stovetop, thaw the frozen blueberries until they are soft and jammy. In the microwave this should take about 30 seconds on high heat, and on the stovetop it should take about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Let the blueberries cool for about 2-3 minutes. While they are cooling, use an electric mixer or a stand mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. You want to cream the sugar and butter until the mixture is noticeably lighter and fluffy.
- Add the blueberries to the butter and sugar and cream at a high speed. You want to essentially “mash” the blueberries into the mixture, making it so that they are pureéd and fully combined with the butter and sugar. The mixture should be a deep purple color.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients to form a dough. Mix in the white chocolate chips.
- The dough will be very slack, so chill in the freezer for 30 minutes before shaping into 12 balls.
- Bake the cookies at 400F for 10-13 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Let cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes and then serve!