This is one recipe that must be tried! The fact it is free of top 8 allergens makes it all the more
special and a must-try for the allergy population!! Thanks to Nicole Brown and Food Free from
ALL Top 8 Allergens + More.
Your family will love this recipe! It’s super easy, hearty, and delicious! Your kiddos will want seconds! Make sure to check ingredients on the Dijon and tater tot’s to make sure they are allergy friendly. Not all are created the same. Serves 8-10 people. Takes 25 mins of prep & 40 mins in the oven to bake.
- 2 pounds 80-90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 TB ketchup
- 1 TB mustard, OR 1 tsp mustard powder if corn free
- 1 package (20-24oz) frozen or 32 oz . [My family likes it both ways], OR mashed potatoes if corn free
- 1 package Daiya mozza. shreds, OR 8 oz homemade here (recipe is coconut and corn free)
For the cream of mushroom soup:
- 2 1/4 cups non dairy milk of choice, we like using oatly oat milk
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup any gluten free flour, we use this one
- 2 TB cornstarch, OR arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown your onion, beef, ketchup, and mustard in a pan on medium heat, till thoroughly cooked.
- Drain the meat and onion in a colander. Then remove any excess grease with a paper towel. You want this mixture relatively dry.
- Pour the meat and onion into a 9×11 or 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients for your cream of mushroom soup in a large bowl, till no clumps.
- Heat your cream of mushroom soup mixture in the same pan you used for the beef and onion (or a different one if you’re happy to make more dishes) Heat till it begins boiling & thickens considerably.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup into the beef and onion.
- Layer your vegan cheese and then fries or tater tots on the top of your casserole. Any leftover fries or tater tots can get baked in a pan below your casserole!
- Bake 45 mins, or till fries look crispy brown. You can also broil on high for the last two mins for extra crispy fries.